After starting in a very chaotic, selfish way, with a game lacking any strategy whatsoever during almost the first 2 quarters of the match, it was a different Lebanese team that showed up in the second half of the game against Iraq today, to clinch the win that would qualify the team automatically for the FIBA Asia Cup 2021.
With a final score of 78-69, Lebanon’s streak of 3 wins continued this morning, after demolishing India a couple of days ago, making the third window that is going to take place in February 2021 a “useless” walk in the park and a training for the team, who should already have their eyes fixed on the tournament in August next year, one they are trying to win for the first time.
Lebanon’s road throughout the FIBA Asia Cup qualifications will be as follows:
- Friday, February 21, 2020 – Lebanon VS Iraq [completed]
- Monday, February 24, 2020 – Lebanon VS Bahrain. [completed]
Window 2 (ongoing):
- Thursday, November 26, 2020 – Lebanon VS India. [completed]
- Sunday, November 29, 2020 – Lebanon VS Iraq. [completed]
- Friday, February 19, 2021 – Lebanon VS Bahrain.
- Monday, February 22, 2021 – Lebanon VS India.